besides called Florida no-fault insurance, Florida PIP insurance covers 80 % of your aesculapian expenses and 60 % of your lost wages, regardless of who causes an accident. PIP coverage besides protects you if you are injured in an accident with a motor fomite while riding in person else ‘s car, walk, or riding a bicycle. Property price liability coverage pays for damage you cause to other people ‘s property in a car crash.
Florida ’ s minimum policy requirements don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate leave much protection, however. You should think about raising the limits and adding other useful coverage. That might include bodily injury liability, collision, aesculapian payment, or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Read more: Best car insurance companies for 2022
Florida Car Insurance Requirements
- Personal Injury Protection: $10,000 of coverage is required.
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000 of coverage is required.
- Collision (optional): Pays for repairs to your vehicle even if an accident is your fault.
- Medical Payment (optional): Pays the 20% of medical bills that PIP does not cover, plus amounts over $10,000.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (optional): Pays your claims if the at-fault driver has little or no liability insurance.
- Bodily Injury Liability (optional): Pays for the other party’s medical bills and/or lost income over $10,000 if an accident is your fault. Coverage is commonly $100,000 per person, up to $300,000 per accident.
As a “ no-fault ” country, Florida allows you to drive legally without bodily wound liability indemnity. Each person ’ s own PIP or no-fault indemnity pays out for their injuries, no topic who causes an accident. however, Florida ’ s no-fault law is limited. When a victim ’ s injuries are permanent wave or serious ( costing over $ 10,000 in medical bills and/or lost income ), the injure party can sue the at-fault driver for losses. This makes it very smart to carry bodily liability insurance, which will provide you with department of defense in court and pay these claims up to the policy terminus ad quem.
It can be tempting to save money by purchasing only the minimum coverage required in Florida. But that can leave you with high gear out-of-pocket bills if you ’ rhenium always involved in an accident. Compare quotes on all your indemnity options so you can make an inform decisiveness.