GEICO boasts a well-known identify across the area for automobile insurance. And that ’ s no surprise since it ’ second one of the most low-cost car policy providers in America .
What sets the nation ’ s No. 2 car insurance company apart from others is GEICO ’ s customer service and user-friendly mobile app and world wide web services. If you consider going with GEICO for your car insurance, you ’ ll need to know what the company offers, what you can expect to pay, and customer gratification .
Car Insurance Types with GEICO
GEICO provides common car indemnity coverage like :
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist
- Property damage
- Medical payments
- Personal injury protection
The company besides offers a variety show of extra coverage options. A noteworthy exercise is the Prime Time Contract, which GEICO awards to motorists over 50 years old in blue-ribbon states, including Alabama, Alaska, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, and more .
Drivers with PrimeTime can renew their policy a long as no drivers under the historic period of 25 need to be on the policy. You besides must keep a good drive history for the by three years and not use your fomite for business purposes .
Additional coverage plans and services include :
- Auto Repair Xpress®: Offers customers a network of repair shops that work with GEICO.
- Mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI): Covers all new car repairs for vehicles up to 15 months old or less than 15,000 miles. It takes care of repairs such as engine or transmission but does not cover mechanical failures.
- Rideshare: Extends coverage to vehicles you drive for a rideshare service such as Uber and Lyft. It also covers those driving for companies like GrubHub and Instacart. The only drawback to this coverage is that it is not available in all states. If you are in New York, New Jersey, California, or North Carolina, you might not have access to it.
- Emergency road service: This coverage assists in case of a roadside emergency. It covers flat tires, locksmith services, towing, and other services.
- Accident forgiveness: Ensures that your coverage will not increase after you get into your first accident (after getting a GEICO policy). To get this service, however, your driving history for the past three years must be spotless. Like rideshare, this coverage is not available everywhere, and if you live in California or Massachusetts, you might not be able to add it to your plan.
More addition indemnity options include :
- Glass coverage
- Rental reimbursement
- Commercial auto
Besides car insurance, GEICO besides provides liveliness, home, and even jewelry coverage options .
What are the Benefits of GEICO Insurance?
If you are looking for on-line serve, GEICO ’ s mobile app provides this avail with relief. It ’ second user-friendly, and so is their web site serve choice .
GEICO offers breaks like to those offered by competitors. These include lower costs to those who qualify as a safe driver or good scholar or if the guarantee takes a defensive drive program and remains accident-free for five years .
RELATED STORIES: 7 Biggest Car Insurance Discounts for 2021
More Ways to Lower Insurance Costs:
- Federal employee discount: GEICO, an acronym for Government Employees Insurance Company, originated as a government and military insurance company. So it is only natural that GEICO provides discounts for such personnel. This type of discount gives current or retired federal employees 8% off on their coverage plans.
- Military discount: Gives active or retired military and National Guard members 15% off.
- Vehicle equipment: Customers whose vehicles have airbags, anti-lock brakes, an anti-theft system, or daytime running lights get up to a 25% off on coverage plans.
How Much Does GEICO Car Insurance Cost?
several factors can influence the price of your GEICO policy bounty. Age and gender play a meaning function, as young drivers are more likely to get into accidents, while statistics show women are more conscious of their driving habits .
Using data Kelley Blue Book obtained from Savvy, the average monthly cost for a GEICO policy is $ 190.25. grok collects data from consumers ’ current policies, including rate information, long time, marital status, and early demographics .
The statistics offer a congressman sample used as a general guide. See more about Savvy ’ s methodology .
Let ’ s take a closer spirit at how demographic play into car policy .
|Average Monthly Cost|
|Age Group||Gender||Marital Status||Value|
|25 to 34||female||married||$177.97|
|25 to 34||female||single||$185.94|
|25 to 34||male||married||$182.02|
|25 to 34||male||single||$185.12|
|35 to 49||female||married||$215.29|
|35 to 49||female||single||$191.23|
|35 to 49||male||married||$204.69|
|35 to 49||male||single||$177.63|
|50 to 69||female||married||$230.57|
|50 to 69||female||single||$191.44|
|50 to 69||male||married||$232.89|
|50 to 69||male||single||$182.95|
|70 or Above||female||married||$203.18|
|70 or Above||female||single||$207.30|
|70 or Above||male||married||$187.22|
|70 or Above||male||single||$193.21|
beginning : grok
Single males between 35 and 49 years old and marry women ages 25 to 34 can expect to pay $ 177 on average for an indemnity policy per month. Right behind them are males ages 25 to 34, paying $ 182.02 on average every calendar month.
|Average Annualized Per Operator|
|Age Group||Gender||Marital Status||Value|
|25 to 34||female||married||$2,103.49|
|25 to 34||female||single||$2,188.59|
|25 to 34||male||married||$2,145.44|
|25 to 34||male||single||$2,175.50|
|35 to 49||female||married||$2,561.57|
|35 to 49||female||single||$2,271.24|
|35 to 49||male||married||$2,438.18|
|35 to 49||male||single||$2,089.69|
|50 to 69||female||married||$2,754.08|
|50 to 69||female||single||$2,266.03|
|50 to 69||male||married||$2,774.67|
|50 to 69||male||single||$2,177.12|
source : understanding
How Location Plays a Role
Driver localization besides plays a function and might influence the discounts you are probably to receive. Let ’ s take a expression .
According to The Zebra, drivers in 10 states can expect to pay less than $ 75 in monthly premiums .
|State||Average Monthly Insurance Premium|
source : The Zebra
Other Factors That Impact Car Insurance Rates at GEICO?
A variety of factors impact your GEICO car policy quote. In addition to age, sex, marital condition, and placement, your driving history, and credit rating score can, besides .
According to The Zebra, GEICO gets expensive when it comes to DUI penalties. An individual insured with GEICO can expect to pay an average of $ 1,276 for an annual policy. With a DUI, this act goes up by $ 1,371 to $ 2,647 .
GEICO is considered on the expensive side when it comes to DUI penalties .
GEICO remains one of the cheapest options after an accident because the company offers an “ accident forgiveness ” choice .
The Zebra datum shows that after an accident, drivers with GEICO can expect annual premiums to increase from $ 1,276 on modal to $ 1,997 in the first base year, $ 2,719 in the second year, and $ 3,441 in the one-third .
Some states have made it illegal for car indemnity companies to consider an individual ’ randomness credit score when formulating quotes. These states are California, Massachusetts, Hawaii, and Michigan .
According to The Zebra, drivers across all insurers in all other states can expect their rates to be 115 % higher if they have a hapless credit score compared with person with an excellent credit history .
Are Customers Satisfied with GEICO?
overall, GEICO ’ s customer satisfaction has been rated higher than average. It was besides among the top-rated companies in Investopedia ’ mho Best Car Insurance and Best Car Insurance for Seniors studies .
RELATED STORIES: Best Cars for Seniors in 2021 and All the Features You Need
According to the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance Study, GEICO came in 12th of 25 national insurers for customer satisfaction .
When it comes to fiscal data, GEICO was given a superior fink by AM Best, proving that its ability to pay out its claims is among the best in the industry.
Founded in 1936, GEICO is the second-largest policy company in the U.S. While initially created to insure government and military personnel, the company now offers car insurance to all drivers across 50 states .
The company gets high marks for its customer service and an array of services. But what makes it stand out is its mobile app and on-line services, which received the highest rate in the Dynatrace Q1 2019 Mobile Insurance Scorecard .