Read more: Best car insurance companies for 2022
For the property damage aspect of your claim ( as opposed to personal wound ) a first-party insurance call means that you will probably get the claim handled more cursorily, but you will likely have to pay your deductible up front. alternately, by filing a third-party call for property damage, you will not have to pay your deductible, but it may result in a lengthier indemnity claims work. If multiple parties were injured in the crash, the negligent party ’ south policy limits may mean that you can not obtain full compensation from the indemnity company .What are the Steps for Filing My Geico Auto Insurance Claim? The comply are important steps in any Geico car policy claims process :
- Obtain as much information about the crash as you can at the scene, including photographs, witness information, and the police report;
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible for your injuries and continue to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions to ensure that you remain eligible for compensation;
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible—typically within 24 hours after the collision—to report the accident, but avoid providing any information the goes beyond the strict, objective facts of what happened;
- Hire a car accident lawyer with experience with Geico Insurance to work with you on your case and to determine whether you will file a first-party claim or a third-party claim;
- File your Geico auto insurance claim;
- Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company to obtain a reasonable settlement offer for your losses;
- Geico either will provide you with compensation, or you can speak with your attorney about the next steps for filing a lawsuit in your car accident case.
Contact a Geico Auto Insurance Claims Attorney If you or person you love recently got hurt in a car accident and you need to file a car accident claim with Geico, it is extremely authoritative to work with a cable car accident lawyer on your event. A Geico car insurance claims lawyer at our firm can help to negotiate a reasonable liquidation, and we can help you to file a lawsuit if necessary to obtain the recompense you deserve. Contact the Walton Law firm today for more information.