What is “insurance without a black box”?
car indemnity without a total darkness box is merely a traditional car indemnity policy whereby the see, typically a young driver, is not required to install any shape of telematics in their fomite. Over the last 10 years, insurance companies have taken advantage of developments in engineering to monitor their customers ’ driving habits and reward safe drivers with lower insurance premiums .
How to find cover without a black box
Quote Goat works with a control panel of over 100 policy providers and our results can be filtered to only show quotes for policies that do not require the use of a black box. This means you can easily compare prices for quotes that suit you .
If you are a new driver looking for a full cover on your insurance but don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want a black/smart box fitted in your cable car, we get it and who can blame you ? The idea of an insurance company being able to track your every motion international relations and security network ’ t precisely appealing. At the lapp time, you should be aware that prices can be higher if you choose not to have a black box and we merely see the cost of these types of policy policies increasing as black box technical school becomes more popular .
Who might benefit from insurance without a black box?
If you drive more miles
Black box insurance often comes with mileage restrictions, so if you drive a distribute of miles, possibly for your job, a more traditional policy without a black box might suit you better.
Regular late-night drivers
Some policies besides restrict night-time repel, as this is considered riskier than driving during the day. Shift workers or night owls who aren ’ t prepared to let their policy affect their social life might be happier without a black box.
Less than perfect drivers….
Black box policies are all about rewarding careful drive, so youthful drivers honest adequate to admit to some bad habits might find they don ’ t save quite angstrom much with this character of policy as they ’ d like. If this has been your experience you may want to get a quote for indemnity without a black box. Our research has shown that drivers with a black box drive more carefully and consequently they are far less probably to crash. On average 1 in 5 new drivers will have an accident, whereas there are reports of that dropping down to 1 in 15 drivers who use a bootleg box. Our advice would be to drive more cautiously and benefit from the likely savings of £1000 ’ sulfur .
Other ways to find cheaper insurance without a black box
- What car do you drive?: If you don’t already have a car then check out this list of cars that are cheap to insure. If you get a car with a low insurance category you will find that you get cheaper quotes without a smart box. There are a number of reasons for this, in the eyes of an insurance company, so if you are in the market for buying a car (new or second hand) check out the list and get a quote.
- Get additional qualifications: If you are a young driver then why not have a think about taking an advanced driving course. These courses are pretty quick and help to demonstrate your driving skills.
- Use our comparison tool: We work with a large panel of insurance providers. This increases the number of quotes you are likely to receive and therefore improves your chances of finding the best no-black box policy available.
- Accurate details in the quote: It may seem obvious but have a think about your annual mileage, where you’ll keep your car and what you’ll use your car for. If you are only going to use your car for 5000 miles a year then make sure you tell the insurance provider that, rather than just guessing at the standard 10,000 miles.
- Alarm fitted and no modifications: If you are looking for a car, then don’t go for one with modifications on it – see lowered suspension and spoiler and think “no”! These modifications, usually done by someone without experience, will add to the cost of your insurance premium. Remember you are trying to keep the cost of your quotes down without having a black box fitted, so make your life easier by picking a car that’s safe and if possible with an alarm and immobiliser fitted.
Hopefully these tips will help you find a cheap quote ; we know car insurance is expensive for unseasoned drivers, peculiarly if you don ’ triiodothyronine want to use black box engineering, indeed follow our advice and see how much you can save !