In this article:
Cheapest Car Insurance In Massachusetts
According to our rate estimates, Geico is the cheapest option in Massachusetts with an average annual cost of $ 1,589 for full moon coverage. After that, USAA, Plymouth Rock, and Arbella Insurance are low-cost options.
|Car Insurance Provider||Average Annual Cost Estimate|
|Plymouth Rock Insurance||$1,960|
What Is The Average Cost Of Car Insurance In Massachusetts?
According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners ( NAIC ), Massachusetts car indemnity rates in 2018 averaged $ 1,167 per class, which was slenderly higher than the national average of $ 1,057. overall, Massachusetts ended up being the 13th most extensive state for car policy in the U.S. here ’ s a breakdown of the coverage costs for car policy in Massachusetts that year according to the Insurance Information Institute :
|Type Of Coverage||Average Annual Expenditure in 2018|
*Most drivers carry indebtedness coverage but not necessarily other types of car policy. sum average annual expending measures what Massachusetts drivers actually spent on car indemnity in 2018.
Annual Massachusetts Car Insurance Estimates By Gender
gender does n’t affect rates for car indemnity in Massachusetts as it can in some other states.
|Gender||Massachusetts Annual Car Insurance|
Annual Massachusetts Car Insurance Estimates For Drivers With Bad Credit
Massachusetts is one of three states that does not allow policy companies to use your credit report in setting rates. so, rates stay ceaseless whether you have a good score or a poor score.
|Credit Rating||Massachusetts Annual Car Insurance|
Annual Massachusetts Car Insurance Estimates For Bad Drivers
While sex and credit rating score wo n’t affect your rates for car insurance in Massachusetts, your driving phonograph record certain will. According to our rate estimates, a speeding slate can raise your rate by 24 percentage. similarly, an accident can raise it by 62 percentage and a DUI by 81 percentage.
|Driving Record||Massachusetts Annual Car Insurance|
Factors That Affect Massachusetts Car Insurance Quotes
The cost of your car insurance premium in Massachusetts depends on a total of factors, including :
- Information about the insured vehicle (make, model, and year)
- Number of miles you drive annually
- Your driving record
- Personal factors such as your age, gender, and marital status
- How long you’ve been driving
- Your exact location
Massachusetts is one of three states, along with Hawaii and Michigan, that prohibits insurance companies from using credit scores when determining policy rates. additionally, this law besides applies to home insurance rates.
5 Best Massachusetts Car Insurance Companies
To find the best car indemnity in Massachusetts, we went through our list of circus tent car insurance providers and re-examine all companies in light of Massachusetts state laws and guidelines. The providers we chose were rated on these factors :
- Customer service
These companies stood out as the best in Massachusetts. *You may notice that some cable car indemnity companies are listed above those with higher star ratings. This is because our ratings take into bill countrywide factors, while our ranking for this article looks specifically at what policy providers are best for car indemnity in Massachusetts.
#1 Geico: Cheapest Car Insurance In Massachusetts
We found Geico offers some of the best car insurance prices in M.A. many drivers find low-cost quotes through Geico that are below the department of state average – plus, the caller has a number of discounts that you might qualify for. Some of Geico ’ mho car insurance discounts include :
- Federal employee discount
- Military discount
- Multi-policy and multi-vehicle discounts
- Good student discount
- Good driver discount
- Defensive driver discount
Geico has a fiscal forte rat of A++ from AM Best. That means the company has a superior ability to meet its insurance obligations and meet claims. Geico was rated highly on the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance StudySM. The caller received 841 out of 1,000 points for the New England region and ranked in fourth place.
|Superior financial strength rating and A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Average quotes experience|
|Many choices for coverage||Usage-based app not available in Massachusetts|
|High level of customer satisfaction|
|Available in 50 states|
To learn more about the car insurance provider, check out our full Geico car insurance review.
#2 USAA Insurance: Runner-Up For Massachusetts
In addition to Geico, you might want to check out USAA while shopping for car indemnity in Massachusetts. You can qualify by being a military member or having a close family member who is. Discounts from USAA admit :
- Safe driver
- Driver training
- Good student
- New vehicle
- Vehicle storage
- Military installation
In addition to offering a dear scope of coverage options and discounts, USAA has high marks for its customer service. It performed very well on J.D. Power industry studies including the 2020 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction StudySM, the 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance StudySM, and the 2021 U.S. Insurance Shopping StudySM. USAA offers helpful tools for military members, including checklists and calculators for different aspects of military life. On top of that, it ‘s besides one of the most low-cost options in Massachusetts. Learn more in our USAA cable car policy review.
|Cheap option in Massachusetts||not available to everyone|
|Superior financial strength rating and A rating from the BBB||Usage-based insurance not available in Massachusetts|
|High-rated customer service|
#3 Progressive Auto Insurance
Progressive provides comprehensive coverage and impressive discounts, and the supplier has top ratings from industry experts like the BBB. Progressive besides provides the best car policy for bad drivers in Massachusetts due to the high number of discounts available that can make finding more low-cost coverage easier. Some of Progressive ’ s discounts include :
- Snapshot® program: This usage-based savings plan monitors safe driving habits you practice every day and could qualify you for savings .
- Name Your Price® tool: Tell Progressive ’ s on-line quote instrument the price you want to pay, and get matched with car insurance plans that don ’ metric ton break your budget .
- Deductible savings bank: For every six months you go without an accident, dealings irreverence, or other auto-related legal offense, get $ 50 toward your future deductible .
- Bundling: If you own a liberal policy policy for your home, gravy boat, ATV, RV, or motorbike, bundle it with your car design to receive a dismiss .
Progressive besides offers an impressive, two-tier accident forgiveness program, which makes this type of coverage particularly beneficial for bad drivers with little driving experience :
- Small accident forgiveness: Forgives accidents that result in less than $ 500 of damage
- Large accident forgiveness: Forgives accidents for customers who have been with Progressive for five years
To learn more about coverage, read our in-depth liberal car indemnity follow-up.
Read more: Cheap Auto Insurance – Douglasville, Georgia
|One of the top auto insurers in the United States||Average claims process|
|Superior financial strength rating and A+ rating from the BBB||Mixed customer service reviews|
|Great choice for high-risk drivers||Higher rates than some competitors|
|Easy quotes process|
#4 Travelers Auto Insurance
Travelers is generally the best car policy in Massachusetts for new drivers due to the discounts available to this group and its high dependability ratings. It has an A+ from the BBB and an A+ fiscal forte military rank from AM Best. With Travelers, you can get standard car indemnity coverage and some extras such as :
- New car successor : If you get a raw car and total it within five years of purchase, Travelers will replace it with a brand new car of the lapp stool and model .
- creditworthy driver Plan®: Travelers will forgive one accident and one child traffic irreverence every three years you go accident- and ticket-free .
- Premier Responsible Driver Plan®: Upgrade the regular plan to Premier to receive an extra $ 50 credit ( up to $ 500 ) toward your deductible for every six months you go without an accident or major traffic trespass .
Read our accomplished Travelers car policy review to find out more about coverage.
|Excellent financial strength rating and A+ rating from the BBB||Expensive coverage|
|New driver discounts and long new car replacement coverage||Mixed customer service reviews|
|Available in 50 states|
|Fairly easy quote process|
#5 MetLife Auto Insurance
MetLife is known for its local agents and kind of indemnity coverages. Along with the standard types of car indemnity in Massachusetts, you can get extras like :
- Rental car reimbursement: If your car needs to stay in the shop overnight or longer for a covered animate, your lease car expenses will be reimbursed .
- Towing and roadside assistance: When your cable car is disabled, receive aid wherever you break down with tow or other mechanical first gear help .
- Parts replacement: MetLife will cover the cost of replacing certain parts of your fomite when damaged due to wear and tear .
- New car replacement: If your new car is totaled before 15,000 miles or the first gear year, MetLife will pay the entire monetary value without disparagement .
- Custom sound equipment coverage: Most car indemnity policies don ’ triiodothyronine cover aftermarket-installed accessories like a good system, but MetLife does for customers who purchase this coverage .
See what else the supplier has to offer in our full MetLife car policy review.
|Specialty coverage, unique add-ons, and high number of discounts||Negative customer reviews regarding claims process|
|Superior financial strength rating|
|Local agents available|
You can compare quotes from several indemnity companies and see how these factors will affect them by using the instrument below :
Requirements For Car Insurance: Massachusetts
here ’ s what you need to satisfy Massachusetts cable car insurance requirements :
- $20,000 bodily injury liability per person: This covers medical bills for other people in accidents you cause, up to $20,000 per person.
- $40,000 bodily injury liability per accident: The state minimum requires that your coverage pays a maximum of $40,000 total for bodily injury per accident.
- $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident uninsured motorist (UM): This coverage pays medical bills for you and your passengers in accidents caused by an uninsured motorist. Massachusetts requires the same limits for UM as it does for bodily injury liability coverage.
- $5,000 property damage: This covers damage to other cars in accidents that you cause. $5,000 is the lowest amount that any state requires.
- $8,000 personal injury protection (PIP): This covers your own medical bills up to $8,000 depending on the deductible you select. If you have private health insurance, your health insurance will be the primary coverage for medical bills exceeding $2,000. PIP also covers up to 75 percent of lost wages.
Massachusetts Is A No-Fault State
In the Bay State, you are required to seek medical compensation under your own coverage no matter who caused an accident. Personal injury auspices and medical payments are the two types of coverage that compensate you in this situation. A no-fault wound title is besides called a first-party claim, and it only allows you to seek compensation for bodily injury expenses, not pain and suffer. With Massachusetts car insurance, you can file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver if you have more than $ 2,000 in aesculapian bills or have suffered permanent disfigurement or serious injury. This is called a third-party claim, and the other driver ’ s bodily wound coverage would compensate you if you won the call. If you file a third-party wound claim, you can seek recompense for pain and digest arsenic well.
What If You Drive Without Insurance In Massachusetts?
Motorists caught driving without indemnity in Massachusetts could face unplayful penalties, such as :
- Fines between $500 and $5,000
- Up to 1 year in jail
- Suspension of driver’s license, registration, and plates for up to 60 days
once drivers have proof of insurance, they must pay a reinstatement tip and file the proper paperwork to have their drive privileges reinstated.
What To Know About Driving In Massachusetts
According to the Massachusetts 2018 Highway Safety Report, 82 percentage of drivers surveyed said they used their seat belt, which was the highest share on commemorate for the state. however, many people however find it hard to put down their phones while behind the wheel. In April of 2018, Massachusetts enacted a Distracted Driving Mobilization attempt with law enforcement – it led to 1,831 stops, 13 percentage of which resulted in a tag for texting and driving. Accidents ascribable to distract drive have claimed about 30 lives per year in Massachusetts for the by five years. According to data from the Federal Highway Administration, Bay Staters drive 11,759 miles per year on average. That ’ second below the national modal of 14,425 miles and is one reason why Massachusetts cable car indemnity rates tend to be more low-cost. In densely populate parts of the state, things are cheeseparing together and people don ’ t have to drive as army for the liberation of rwanda to get where they need to go.
How To Get Cheap Car Insurance In Massachusetts
There are many factors that go into determining your car indemnity rates. Some ways to save money and find the cheapest car indemnity coverage include :
- Asking your local car insurance agent about discounts: Discounts vary from provider to provider, but some of the most common car insurance discounts include good driver discounts, good student discounts, and customer loyalty programs.
- Improving your credit score: People with lower credit scores tend to file more claims than those with higher credit scores. Because of this, many insurance companies use credit scores as a factor in determining your premium. Improve your credit score over time to see lower auto insurance quotes in Massachusetts.
- Bundling home and car insurance policies: Consider buying your home insurance from the same provider as your automobile insurance to bundle policies and start saving.
overall, we rate Geico as the best provider in Massachusetts for its impregnable coverage options and abject prices. But, at the end of the sidereal day, what ‘s best for person else might not be what ‘s best for you. That ‘s why we recommend comparing as many quotes as you can while you shop for car insurance in Massachusetts. Use our tool to start comparing individualized cable car policy quotes.
FAQ: Auto Insurance In Massachusetts
How much is car indemnity in Massachusetts ? According to the NAIC, the average cost for an car insurance policy in Massachusetts was $ 1,167 in 2018. The home average during the lapp fourth dimension period was around $ 1,056. How much is cable car insurance per calendar month in Massachusetts ? The average monetary value for car indemnity in Massachusetts was $ 1,167 in 2018, according to recent data from the NAIC. That breaks gloomy to about $ 97 per month. What is the best car policy caller in Massachusetts ? Our inquiry found that Geico offered some of the cheapest rates for car indemnity in Massachusetts. Pair that with the company ’ s solid ratings from groups like BBB and J.D. Power, along with enough of options for discounts, Geico could be a great choice for coverage. How does car insurance work in Massachusetts ?
Read more: South Carolina Auto Insurance | SafeAuto
As a no-fault state of matter, drivers in Massachusetts, which means policyholders file for medical recompense with their own supplier regardless of who is at defect. State law besides bars insurance companies from using credit rating scores to determine policy rates.
In an campaign to provide accurate and indifferent data to consumers, our technical review team collects data from dozens of car policy providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the follow categories, american samoa well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews auto insurance rate estimates generated by Quadrant Information Services for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our early indemnity articles :