Florida Car Insurance: FL Auto Insurance Quote
Quote & save today!
How do you want to contribution ? distillery have questions ? Contact us for answers. still have questions ? Contact us for answers .
Do you need car insurance in Florida?
car indemnity is required in Florida. If you reside in the Sunshine State, you must meet Florida ‘s car indemnity minimums with coverage limits of at least :
- Personal injury protection (PIP): $10,000
- Property damage liability (PD): $10,000
personal injury protection covers your checkup costs, a well as lost wages and death benefits, and pays out even if you ‘re at demerit. PD covers price you cause to another person ‘s vehicle or property .
Do I need uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage in Florida?
Uninsured/underinsured bodily wound coverage ( UM/UIM BI ) is besides recommended, with the following minimum limits :
- UM/UIM BI: $10,000 per person, $20,000 per accident
Note: This coverage can be rejected.
Read more: The 7 Best Car Insurance Companies (2022)
Uninsured motorist coverage covers medical expenses for you and your passengers if you ‘re hit by a driver with no indemnity or not enough car policy coverage. To ensure all of your assets are protected in event you ‘re liable in an car accident, you can increase your limits beyond your state ‘s requirements to cover your total net deserving .
Progressive ‘s Snapshot® discount course of study personalizes your rate based on your drive. The safe you drive, the more you could save. See more on Snapshot .
Fast facts about auto insurance in Florida
- In 2019, Florida ranked 28th for states with the most distracted driver accidents. If you’re a safe driver, you could save more with Progressive’s Snapshot program.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, Florida ranked third in the nation for most motor vehicle thefts in 2019. Carry comprehensive coverage to help protect your vehicle against theft.
- An estimated 20.4% of Florida drivers were uninsured as of 2019. With uninsured motorist coverage, you’re protected, up to the limits of your policy, if the other driver can’t pay.
- Florida is one of only two states — along with Virginia — that uses an FR-44 form. This is used in place of an SR-22 form for drivers who have severe infractions on their record.
How to get car insurance in Florida
We ask easy questions, and you customize your coverages .
quotation mark car insurance
Call a rep
lecture with a license representative who can guide you through the process.
Through an agent
connect with an independent agent in your area .
Find an agent in Florida
Category : car insurance questions