What is Used Car Insurance?
Used car indemnity is a character of car insurance policy mean to protect second hand cars. It safeguards a use car from any irregular dangers and adversities that may lead to major loss or damages. It provides the lapp charge of coverage that a new cable car gets under a car indemnity policy. thus, a irregular hand indemnity policy covers the used car from both third party liabilities and own damage risks .
Why Should You Get a Second Hand Car Insured?
Buying a car insurance policy is significant for all cable car owners, regardless of whether the car is new or second bridge player. If you want to know why you need to get your second hand car insured under a use car indemnity plan, take a look at the reasons below :
- Protects from All Risks – The basic purpose of a comprehensive car insurance policy is to keep it safe from all kinds of adversities and risks. With the help of a second hand car insurance policy, your used car will be secured from all kinds of unforeseen risks, such as fire, accidents, natural calamities, manmade hazards, etc.
- Compulsory for All Cars – As per the Motor Vehicle law of India, all cars plying on public roads should be covered under a valid car insurance policy. The law applies to both new cars and second hand cars. Therefore, if you don’t want to be penalized for using your second hand car without insurance, you must get it insured under a used car insurance policy.
- Covers Third Party Liability – If your second hand car causes damages to a third party property or bodily injuries to a third party person in an accident, you will be liable to pay for it. But if you have a second hand car insurance policy, your insurance company will take care of your third party liabilities and pay for them on your behalf.
- Personal Accident Cover – A used car insurance policy not only covers your second hand car from all the risks but also protects the owner-driver of the car from any accidental injuries. Thus, in case you suffer an injury in a car accident then your insurer will cover the treatment cost.
How to Transfer Car Ownership and Insurance?
At the time of buying a second base hand car, you will be required to transfer the ownership of the car and its existing car policy policy to your name. Since every car in India needs to be compulsorily insured, the use car that you are buying will besides be covered under a car insurance policy unless it has expired. In most cases, the second hand car will come with an insurance policy with some clock time left to its reclamation. In such a scenario, you must ensure that you get the existing car indemnity for the use car transferred to your name within two weeks, just like the registration certificate of the car .
To transfer the ownership of the existing car indemnity policy, follow the steps given below :
- Visit the Regional Transport Officer (RTO)
- Fill up an application to transfer the ownership of the car by transferring the RC of the car on your name
- Submit all the documents required
- Once the RC has been transferred to your name, fill up the fresh proposal form
- Submit the policy form along with all the required documents
- Pay the policy transfer fee
- The motor insurance company will transfer the policy to your name
Make certain to cross-check your name and details on RC and the indemnity policy after the remove has been made .
Documents Required to Transfer Ownership of a Used Car Insurance Policy
Take a expression at the list of documents that you need to submit to transfer the possession of a second handwriting car policy policy :
- Original Registration Certificate or RC of the used car with the buyer’s name on it
- Form 29 and Form 30 signed by the previous owner of the second hand car
- Copy of the existing car insurance policy
- Existing policy document
- Certificate of Insurance
- New proposal form
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the previous policyholder
- Proof of transfer of RC and payment of transfer fee
- New copy of RC
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) difference amount (if any)
How to Buy New Insurance for Your Second Hand Car?
In case the use car that you are buying does not come with an existing cable car policy policy, then you will have to buy a second bridge player car indemnity policy for it. The procedure to buy a newfangled car insurance policy for your second hand cable car is identical agile and bare. You merely need to follow the steps given below to buy exploited car policy for your second handwriting car :
- Go to the top of the page to find a form
- Enter your car number or choose to proceed without providing the car number
- Provide the required details, including the city & the RTO, make and model of the car, year of registration, etc
- Choose the fuel type of the car between petrol, CNG, diesel and external CNG kit
- Enter your personal details, such as name, email id and contact number
- Check the premium amount for different plans
- Choose a plan that suits your coverage needs and your budget
- Select any add-on cover that you want
- Pay the final insurance premium amount online
- After the payment is made, your second hand car insurance policy will be issued
Why Should Buy Second Hand Car Insurance From Policybazaar.com?
Buying a car policy policy is an casual and quick process if it purchased on-line at Policybazaar.com. It is one of the most popular indemnity brokers in India offering a variety of policy plans, including used car indemnity. If you are wondering why should you buy second gear hand car insurance policy from Policybazaar, take a expression at the reasons below :
- Speedy Process – Policybazaar is a user-friendly website that values the time of its customers. As a result, the whole procedure of buying second hand car insurance is very quick and simple. You just have to provide the required information and follow the step-by-step process and you will be issued with a second hand car insurance policy instantly.
- Compare All Used Car Insurance Plans At One Place – One of the most attractive benefits of buying insurance at Policybazaar is that you can compare used car insurance plans offered by different motor insurance providers. Plans can be compared based on the coverage offered and the premium charged so that you can objectively decide the plan you want to buy. Thus, it helps you make an informed decision.
- Saves Money – Buying second hand car insurance at Policybazaar helps people to saving online. Besides, online plan comparisons help to find a plan that provides the coverage of your choice and fits within your budget. Thus, you end up saving a lot of money.
Things to Check Before Buying a Used Car in India
It is natural to be all excited when buying a second hand car. however, you need to ensure a few things before buying the secondhand cable car so that you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate font any troubles later. here is a checklist that you can follow at the fourth dimension of buying a moment hired hand car :
- Condition of the Car – The first thing that you need to check while buying a used car is to check its condition. Take the car for a test drive and closely pay attention to how it is working. If required, get it checked by a mechanic to get a better idea of its condition, especially the engine, wheels, transmission, cooling, etc.
- Ownership of the Car – While buying a second hand car, verify if the seller is the actual owner of the car. Cross-check the details on the RC with the information provided by the seller. Also, check the ownership history of the car.
- Valid Car Insurance – Check with the owner of the used car if he has a valid car insurance policy. If yes, then you will have to get it transferred to your name within two weeks of purchasing the car. If not, then you will have to buy used car insurance for your second hand car.
- Car Insurance Claim History – In case you are buying a used car and planning to get the existing car insurance policy transferred to your name, you must check the claim history of the car. You can get the details on claim history from the insurance company by providing the existing policy number.
- Important Documents – Make sure to check the documents, such as original invoice of the car, car servicing bills, pollution certificate and municipality certificate (if any) at the time of buying a used car as you may be required to produce these documents at the time of transferring the ownership of the car or its insurance.
- Possibility of Modifications – While the second hand car, make sure to check if it is possible to modify the vehicle for greater comfort, safety or value. This way you won’t feel stuck later if you want to make some changes in the car.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Read more: Classic Car Insurance | Bankrate