- Average full coverage premium: $1,948
- Region offered: AAA is available in all 50 states and Canada, though specific product availability may vary by region
- Market share: .81%
- AM Best rating/financial strength profile: A (Excellent)
- J.D. Power claims satisfaction rating: 3/5
- Specialty coverages: pet protection coverage, extended exterior repair option coverage, gap coverage, rental car coverage, electronic or extra equipment coverage
- Eligibility requirements: You must be an AAA dues-paying member to sign up for AAA auto insurance
AAA customer satisfaction and complaints
AAA, besides known as the Automobile Club Group, rates fairly average in terms of customer satisfaction. In a 2019 J.D. Power Claims Satisfaction learn, the ship’s company ranked below average with a world power lap rate of 3/5. In terms of overall customer gratification, where AAA was ranked against other mid-sized insurers, AAA rated above average, ranking fourth of 13 companies .
How factors affect AAA’s auto insurance rates
With competitors ’ rates ranging from $ 1,100 to $ 1,900, AAA ’ s fully coverage premium runs on the higher end, at an average of $ 1,948 per year. Minimum coverage with AAA is besides a bite above the national average of $ 545, coming in at $ 672 a year. Depending on your credit and driving history, you may see your rates increase. An at-fault accident or speeding slate on your record will slenderly increase your rates, while poor credit has a significant impact, as indicated in the table below .
|Average rates||Accident||Speeding ticket||Poor credit|
How driving record affects AAA car insurance rates
If you ’ re at-fault for a car accident, you can by and large expect your agio rates to increase, unless you have accident forgiveness. precisely how much they increase will depend on your carrier. With AAA indemnity, you ’ ll pay up about $ 500 more per year after an accident. Your rates may or may not increase after a not-at-fault accident. Most major policy companies do increase your rates, even if you weren ’ thymine at fault.
You can besides expect a speed ticket to increase your policy rates. Having a speeding ticket on your record means insurance companies see you as a higher-risk driver. With AAA car policy, the average annual increase with a speeding tag on your record is about $ 450 .
How poor credit affects rates
Your credit score is much a factor that indemnity companies use to determine car insurance rates. Historical data indicates that those with poor credit are besides more probable to be indemnity liabilities. As a resultant role, you can expect to pay more if you have a lower credit rating score. Poor credit rating will increase your AAA premiums more than any other factor. Drivers with poor people credit ( generally anything below 580 ) will pay closely $ 2,500 more per class than the average rate .
AAA auto insurance discounts
Like its competitors, AAA offers a variety show of options for customers to decrease their policy rates. According to AAA, customers save an average of $ 460 with discounts :
- Education & Occupation: You could save money based on your occupation and level of education.
- Anti-Theft Device: Discounts are available for those with approved theft prevention and recovery devices.
- Good Driver: Being a safe driver could save you money on your premiums.
- Multiple-Car: Save money if you have two or more qualifying vehicles on your policy.
- Multiple-Product: If you bundle your policy with home or life insurance, you can save more.
- Pay-in-Full: Rather than paying monthly, get a discount for paying in full.
Unique discounts offered by AAA
AAA offers a few discounts that make it stand out from its competitors. These discounts are only available to drivers in certain regions .
AAA member discount
Depending on your membership status with AAA, you could be eligible for a 10 % discount on your car indemnity. If at least one penis of your family has a qualifying membership, all of your vehicles may be eligible .
Teen smart discount
AAA offers a discount to qualified adolescent drivers if they complete a plan by the time they are 19. Given the already-high cost for adolescent drivers, this can be a meaning savings.
Mature policyholder discount
The mature policyholder dismiss awards savings based on the age of the oldest indemnity person on your policy .
AAA auto insurance premium length
With AAA, your car indemnity policies last for six months. Drivers can choose to pay either monthly or for the full six months upfront. AAA offers a pay-in-full discount, meaning you ’ ll pay less if you skip the monthly payment and pay the integral agio at once .
AAA vs. other insurance companies
|Company||J.D. Power Score/1000 (Overall)||J.D. Power Score/5 (claims satisfaction)||AM Best||Average rate full coverage|
|American Family||878||3/5||A (Excellent)||$1,218|
|The Hartford||895||4/5||A- (Excellent)||$1,572|
AAA mobile app and digital experience
AAA has a mobile app with policy-management features that allow you to :
- Request roadside assistance
- Request battery assistance
- See a map of AAA-approved hotels and restaurants
- Book a hotel or rental car
- Receive member discounts
- Share saved trips
- Find AAA-approved facilities
- Scan your AAA membership card
Alternative insurance products offered by AAA
If car insurance international relations and security network ’ t the lone policy you ’ re looking for, AAA offers these coverages vitamin a well .
|Product||Discounts||J.D. Power rating|
|Home & Condo||Multiple-product
New or renovated home
In the spotlight
- AAA auto insurance is available only to AAA dues-paying members
- AAA ranks above-average for overall customer satisfaction
- AAA is most well-known for its roadside assistance coverage
- AAA members are eligible for discounts at hotels, restaurants, rental cars, and more around the country
coverage Utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze quoted rates from thousands of zip code codes across all 50 states, using AAA ’ randomness premiums written. Quoted rates are based around the profiles of a 30 year male and female with fairly drive records, good credit and the follow full coverage details :
- $100k bodily injury liability per person
- $300k bodily injury liability coverage per crash
- $100k property damage liability coverage per crash
- $500 collision coverage deductible
- $500 comprehensive coverage deductible
minimum coverages were applied to match state requirements. Both drivers used a new, finance 2018 Toyota Camry, commuting 5 days a week and driving 12,000 miles per year. An accident was defined as an at-fault accident with $ 3k in property wrong. A rush incident was defined as speeding 16-20 MPH over the limit. These rates were publicly sourced from insurance company filings and should be used for comparative purposes only – your own quotes may be different .