Do Car-Rentals check your Driving Records? – Navotar
These are the basic criteria used by rental companies.
- Caught with an invalid or suspended driver’s license
- One incident of drunk driving, hit-and-run, driving a stolen car (within 48 hours), or other serious offences within the past 72 months
- Three or more moving violations within the past 36 months
- Involved in two or more accidents within the past 36 months, fatality or bodily injury-causing accidents within the past 72 months
These criteria may differ between lease companies, be indisputable to check their websites for any policies or information regarding driver ’ randomness license backdrop checks.
Read more: The Best Car Insurance Companies for 2022
besides, note that cable car rental companies may use car lease software that can record driver behavior. In the sheath of an accident by the customer the rental company will be able to present testify and may blacklist that customer .
If your drive record has some of the above criteria, it is better to be prepared .
- Check if your state DMV makes driver records available, if they do check with the rental company if they do a background check
- You can get your driver record evaluated by a screening company, TML Information Services offers this service for around $11
- You can also request your driving record from your state DMV and obtain the screening criteria of the rental company and make your own evaluation
- If you are not eligible according to the standards of the rental company then have someone else book a rental for you and have them drive the car instead. This is the safest option in case of a worst-case scenario.
On your most holocene rental, did they check your driving records ? Let us know @ Navotar, our Car Rental Software team is excited to hear from you .
Category : car insurance questions