The monetary value of car policy is steadily increasing, besides, both in Utah and nationally. As the cost of providing indemnity goes up, the premiums insurers charge besides lift. All guarantee drivers share the increasing price of insurance. That is why your rates tend to go up every time your policy is renewed, careless of whether any individual factors—like your tug record or location—have changed .
There are respective unique reasons why car policy goes up every class in Utah, besides, even if your details remain the lapp .
Top Reasons Car Insurance Is Expensive in Utah
- People in Utah are driving more. As a result, the number of accidents, claims, and payouts is rising, too. For example, there were approximately 225 fatal crashes in 2019 in Utah, versus 222 fatal crashes in 2014.
- Auto repairs are getting more expensive. Vehicles today cost more to repair due to the added technology and features. For example, a National Association of Insurance Commissioners study found that the average cost of vehicle repairs was around 8% higher in 2018 than it was in 2014.
- People in Utah drive uninsured. As the cost of car insurance continues to rise, more drivers take the risk of driving without car insurance. In 2019, 7% of drivers lacked even minimum liability insurance in Utah. The cost of uninsured drivers is passed on to consumers through higher premiums.
- Healthcare in Utah is getting more expensive. Car insurance companies are hit hardest when paying out claims involving medical bills, and it’s not getting any cheaper. Healthcare spending increases by an average of 2% every year in Utah.
- Utah is experiencing more severe weather. In Utah, weather events like droughts and wildfires are becoming increasingly common. These weather events cause insurers to pay out a higher number of claims, which tend to be more expensive and less predictable. As a result, they have to raise rates to keep pace.
However, there could be other issues elevating your rates.
If your driving phonograph record is clean and your rates are still high, your cable car insurance might be expensive because of your :
Age. Drivers under 25 and older than 65 give more for car coverage because they are statistically more likely to be involved in unplayful and fatal accidents. In Utah, 16-year-old drivers pay an average of $ 3,681, 25-year-old drivers pay an average of $ 881, and people over 65 give an average of $ 791 .
Location and driving patterns. Population-dense cities have higher premiums than rural areas because city surviving normally means more accidents, more place crime, and more patronize claims. In Utah, the most expensive locations for policy are Salt Lake City, Magna, and West Jordan. You can besides expect rates to change based on your driving patterns—long commutes or even drive in bad areas can cost you.
Financial responsibility. In Utah, drivers with no credit pay 74 % more on their premiums than drivers with excellent credit. You can besides demonstrate fiscal province by maintaining minimum car policy with no gaps in coverage. Letting your coverage oversight could result in a higher rate when you get your next policy .
Claims history. numerous holocene claims can drive up your premiums. That ‘s one rationality why it sometimes makes sense to pay out of pocket rather than file a claim, specially if a call won ’ thymine get you much more than your deductible.
How to Get Cheaper Car Insurance in Utah
Multiple factors affect the cost of car insurance. Some things you can ’ t control, but you do have a say in most of the lend factors. Driving safely, obeying traffic laws, and keeping a cleanse drive record are the best ways to keep your insurance costs down .
Other than that, the best way to lower your car insurance costs is to compare rates from at least three indemnity companies. ideally, you should check your rates every 6-12 months, when you renew your policy. But at a minimal, be indisputable to check your record and shop for rates every three to five years, since you may be able to get a lower rate if a dealings rape falls off your record .
In Utah, the most expensive policies cost roughly $ 2,342, and the least expensive coverage costs about $ 349, when all driver profile information is the lapp. That means you could save deoxyadenosine monophosphate a lot as $ 1,993 simply by shopping around. Be certain to confirm you ’ re getting all the discounts you ’ re eligible for, excessively.