Cheapest Car Insurance in Massachusetts for 2022 | Bankrate
You have money questions. Bankrate has answers. Our experts have been helping you master your money for over four decades. We continually strive to provide consumers with the technical advice and tools needed to succeed throughout animation ’ s fiscal journey. Bankrate ’ s column team writes on behalf of YOU – the reader. Our goal is to give you the best advice to help you make smart personal finance decisions. We follow rigid guidelines to ensure that our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers. Our editorial team receives no send compensation from advertisers, and our contentedness is thoroughly fact-checked to ensure accuracy. so, whether you ’ re reading an article or a review, you can trust that you ’ re getting credible and dependable data. We value your confidence. Our mission is to provide readers with accurate and indifferent information, and we have editorial standards in place to ensure that happens. Our editors and reporters thoroughly fact-check editorial capacity to ensure the information you ’ ra take is accurate. We maintain a firewall between our advertisers and our column team. Our editorial team does not receive direct compensation from our advertisers. Bankrate follows a rigorous column policy, so you can trust that we ’ ra putting your interests first. Our award-winning editors and reporters create honest and accurate contented to help you make the good fiscal decisions. All providers discussed on our site are vetted based on the respect they provide. And we constantly review our criteria to ensure we ’ re putting accuracy first. Our policy team is composed of agents, data analysts, and customers like you. They focus on the points consumers care about most — price, customer service, policy features and savings opportunities — so you can feel convinced about which provider is right for you. Bankrate follows a rigid column policy, so you can trust that we ’ ra putting your interests first. All of our content is authored by highly qualify professionals and reviewed by national topic experts, who ensure everything we publish is objective, accurate and worthy of your trust. Founded in 1976, Bankrate has a long chase record of helping people make smart fiscal choices. We ’ ve maintained this reputation for over four decades by demystifying the fiscal decision-making action and giving people confidence in which actions to take following. While we adhere to strict editorial integrity, this post may contain references to products from our partners. here ‘s an explanation for how we make money. This content is powered by HomeInsurance.com ( NPN : 8781838 ). For more information, please see our Insurance disclosure. If you ’ ra looking for the cheapest car policy in Massachusetts, you have options. The average cost of full moon coverage car indemnity in Massachusetts is $ 1,223 annually. On the other pass, a minimal coverage policy in Massachusetts costs, on average, $ 510 per class. Both costs are well below the home average cost for car policy, which is $ 1,674 per class for full coverage and $ 565 per annum for minimum coverage. Finding low-cost car indemnity rates does not mean you have to skimp on coverage, either. Drivers in Massachusetts can compare multiple bum car insurance companies to find competitive rates and the right type of coverage. It ’ sulfur significant to keep in mind, though, that your car policy rates will be based on several personal factors, such as the vehicle, the numeral of miles you drive, your driving history and ZIP code .
The cheapest car insurance companies in Massachusetts
Whether you are looking for minimal coverage, a full coverage policy with add-ons or something in between, comparing sample rates may be helpful when weighing your options. Bankrate use Quadrant Information Services and third-party sources to identify the cheapest carriers with both fiscal potency and high customer satisfaction ratings, which may help guide you in making a more informed decisiveness.
Read more: The Insurance Quote Email Template Used By A Lifetime President’s Club Member [+ More Free Email Templates!]
The cheapest companies for minimum coverage in Massachusetts
If you want to find the cheapest car policy companies in Massachusetts, comparing quotes from respective providers is one of the best ways to find the cheapest rates. This table under provides a snapshot of what some carriers could charge for minimum coverage .
|Car insurance company||Average annual minimum coverage premium||Average monthly minimum coverage premium|
The cheapest companies for full coverage in Massachusetts
Full coverage car policies can provide greater fiscal protective covering, but these policies do price more on average. The mesa below offers insight into what a full coverage policy might cost a driver in Massachusetts .
|Car insurance company||Average annual full coverage premium||Average monthly full coverage premium|
Events that can impact your cheap rates in Massachusetts
After you secure a policy, there are numerous life events and circumstances that can occur and impact your premiums. These may include :
- Adding a teen driver: Adding a teen driver to a policy can cause rates to increase, as teen drivers lack experience and are considered more of a risk behind the wheel. To keep the premium increase to a minimum, you may want to add your teen driver to your policy rather than purchasing a separate one. Over time, your teen’s rates will decrease as they gain more experience and keep a clean driving record.
- Received a speeding ticket: Getting a speeding ticket is not ideal, but it can happen. That said, your rates will typically increase after getting a speeding ticket. You can expect to see an impact on your rates for about three years, but taking a defensive driver’s course or another type of driver safety course may help keep the impact to a minimum.
- Involved in an at-fault accident: If you are involved in an at-fault accident, your insurance provider will typically not drop your coverage. However, your rates will likely increase. This impact is usually felt for about three to five years, but if you shop around for coverage, you may be able to reduce the cost of your insurance premiums.
- Deemed a high-risk driver: High-risk drivers, which may include those convicted of a DUI or those with multiple moving violations, could face more challenges. Not only will these drivers likely pay higher premiums, but it may be harder to find an insurance provider willing to offer coverage. Comparison shopping will be an important strategy for these drivers to find coverage at an affordable rate.
Cheapest cities in Massachusetts for minimum coverage
The state you live in, the city you live in and your ZIP code will besides affect how a lot you pay for car indemnity. The table below provides examples of how rates for minimal coverage can vary by city, which is why it ’ south important to shop around for coverage when you move to a new city or ZIP code .
|City||Average annual minimum coverage premium||Average monthly minimum coverage premium|
Cheapest cities in Massachusetts for full coverage
Full coverage car insurance premiums can besides vary from city to another. The mesa below outlines how full coverage car policy costs can differ from one city to another .
|City||Average annual full coverage premium||Average monthly full coverage premium|
Minimum coverage requirements for Massachusetts drivers
Massachusetts requires residents to maintain a minimum amount of insurance coverage. This minimum coverage requirement includes :
- $20,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $40,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $5,000 in property damage liability coverage per accident
- $20,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $40,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $8,000 in personal injury protection (PIP)
While it may be tempting to purchase the minimal car coverage legally required in Massachusetts, doing then could put you at greater fiscal hazard. There are numerous options for cheap car insurance in Massachusetts, and opting to purchase a more robust policy will give you better auspices. As such, a more comprehensive policy could besides keep you from facing fiscal disaster. Plus, if you lease or finance your vehicle, you will likely be required to carry entire coverage to protect the lender from fiscal damages that occur to the vehicle .
Here is how to find (and keep) cheap car insurance in Massachusetts
It ’ s important to find low-cost car indemnity rates, but you besides want to keep them after you find a policy that ’ randomness suited for your family. As you search for the cheapest car insurance in Massachusetts, keep the stick to in thinker :
- Compare quotes from several insurance providers. Rates can vary quite a bit from one carrier to another. Shopping around shows you which carrier has the lowest rates for your situation. Rates can vary, and so can coverage options and limits, which will also impact your costs.
- Maintain a clean driving record. Once you find the best rates, try to maintain a clean driving record and adopt the safest driving habits possible. This can help you to keep your low insurance rate. You should also be sure to re-evaluate your policy after big life events, like a marriage or a move, to see if there are additional discounts you may qualify for.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best car insurance in Massachusetts?
If you ’ re looking for the best car insurance company in Massachusetts, the answer will vary. That ’ second because the best policy supplier is unlike for every driver. Some indemnity companies stand out for their cheap rates while others are estimable suited for drivers who want the most comprehensive coverage options. Drivers who are looking for car insurance should shop around to find a supplier that meets most of their needs .
What is the average cost of car insurance in the U.S.?
The average cost of car policy in the U.S. is $ 565 per class for minimal coverage and $ 1,674 for entire coverage, which makes Massachusetts less than the home average. Currently, Massachusetts drivers pay an median of $ 510 annually for minimal coverage and $ 1,223 per class for broad coverage .
Is Massachusetts a no-fault state?
Yes, Massachusetts is considered a no-fault state. That means drivers are required to carry PIP insurance which pays for your own injuries after a crash, careless of who caused it .
Does Massachusetts have a high amount of uninsured drivers?
No, it does not. In fact, Massachusetts has the second lowest uninsured rate in the nation. presently, lone 3.5 % of the state of matter population is estimated to be driving uninsured .
How can I lower my car rates in Massachusetts?
In addition to comparison denounce, another method acting for finding cheap car indemnity rates in Massachusetts is to ask your insurance company and any prospective supplier about available discounts. Most policy companies offer a wide rate of discounts to drivers, from condom driver, pay-in-full and bundling to multi-car discounts. Taking advantage of these types of money-saving opportunities can lead to savings on your policy.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean drive read, dear citation and the following broad coverage limits :
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimal coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each submit ’ s requirements. Our base profile drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually. These are sample rates and should entirely be used for relative purposes .
Category : car insurance questions