Kansas Auto Insurance
All across Kansas, SafeAuto provides low-cost car policy that fits your liveliness and your budget while maintaining the coverage that meets Kansas ‘s minimal requirements for an car policy. No matter where you live in the Wheat state, SafeAuto ‘s got you covered .
GET YOUR QUOTE TODAY
JOIN THE SAFEAUTO FAMILY
ENJOY THE ROAD AHEAD!
REQUIRED COVERAGES IN KANSAS
Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage claims resulting from an accident that is primarily your fault. The limits in your policy are the utmost amounts your policy company will pay for bodily wound and property price claims .
Our insurance follows Kansas law requirements, which are to maintain liability limits* of at least :
$25,000 | Bodily Injury Liability Coverage (Per Person)
Reading: Kansas Auto Insurance | SafeAuto
The first number is the utmost amount that your policy will pay for bodily injury to or death of one ( 1 ) person in any one ( 1 ) accident. If you are at-fault in an accident this coverage may help pay for the other driver ‘s checkup expenses .
$50,000 | Bodily Injury per Accident
The second phone number is the utmost sum that your policy will pay for bodily injury to or death of two ( 2 ) or more persons in any one ( 1 ) accident, subject to the $ 25,000 per person limit. If you are at-fault in an accident this coverage may help pay for the other driver ‘s, or their passenger ‘s, medical expenses .
$25,000 | Property Damage
The third base numeral is the utmost sum that your policy will pay for injury to or end of property of others in an accident. If you are at-fault in an accident this coverage may help pay for damages to the other driver ‘s vehicle.
Read more: Cheap Auto Insurance – Douglasville, Georgia
*Liability limits are typically expressed as three amounts separated by slashes written as 25/50/25 or 25,000/50,000/25,000 .
Proof of Financial Responsibility & Penalties
What Are the Penalties for Not Having Legal Minimum Car Insurance in Kansas?
failure to produce tell of Financial Responsibility at the request of a police enforcement officer investigating an accident or during a traffic stop can result in monetary penalties as follows :
- Any person violating any provision of this section shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor and shall be subject to a fine of not less than $300 nor more than $1,000 or confinement in the county jail for a term of not more than six months, or both such fine and confinement. [K.S.A. 40-3104(g)(1)]
- Any person convicted of violating any provision of this section within three years of any such prior conviction shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and shall be subject to a fine of not less than $800 nor more than $2,500. K.S.A. 40-3104 [K.S.A. 40-3104(g)(1)]
- In addition, may be subject to license suspension or revocation of vehicle registration [K.S.A. 40-3104(h)]
What is a Certificate of Financial Responsibility (SR-22)?
An SR-22 is a certificate of future proof of Financial Responsibility issued by your policy company to the Division of Motor Vehicles providing validation that you purchased indebtedness indemnity. The follow circumstances may require a person to have an SR-22 :
- Failure to provide proof of insurance during a traffic stop, unless proof of insurance is provided to the department within the time prescribed by KSA 40-3118(e)
- Conviction of any violation listed under the Habitual Violator Statute (KSA 8-285)
- Any license suspension resulting from noncompliance with the requirements to maintain evidence of insurance
- Failure to provide evidence of financial security as a result of an automobile accident as required
SafeAuto will entirely issue a Kansas SR-22 to Kansas residents.
LOOKING FOR KANSAS AUTO INSURANCE?
You can get a fast and complimentary car indemnity quotation mark on-line or by calling a SafeAuto customer service spokesperson at 1-800-SAFEAUTO ( 1-800-723-3288 ). Our customer serve team is cook to assist you with your quote or answer any indemnity questions you have .
SafeAuto offers low-cost car policy throughout the stallion Wheat state. If you are looking for more car indemnity information for a specific city in Kansas, more material can be found below .
Kansas Division of Vehicles