You have money questions. Bankrate has answers. Our experts have been helping you master your money for over four decades. We continually strive to provide consumers with the expert advice and tools needed to succeed throughout life ’ s fiscal journey. Bankrate ’ s editorial team writes on behalf of YOU – the reader. Our goal is to give you the best advice to help you make smart personal finance decisions. We follow rigorous guidelines to ensure that our column content is not influenced by advertisers. Our editorial team receives no direct recompense from advertisers, and our contented is thoroughly fact-checked to ensure accuracy. so, whether you ’ re reading an article or a review, you can trust that you ’ re getting credible and reliable information. We value your confidence. Our mission is to provide readers with accurate and unbiased data, and we have editorial standards in invest to ensure that happens. Our editors and reporters thoroughly fact-check column message to ensure the information you ’ ra interpretation is accurate. We maintain a firewall between our advertisers and our editorial team. Our column team does not receive direct compensation from our advertisers. Bankrate follows a rigid editorial policy, so you can trust that we ’ ra putting your interests first. Our award-winning editors and reporters create honest and accurate capacity to help you make the right fiscal decisions. All providers discussed on our locate are vetted based on the value they provide. And we constantly review our criteria to ensure we ’ ra putting accuracy first. Our indemnity team is composed of agents, data analysts, and customers like you. They focus on the points consumers care about most — price, customer service, policy features and savings opportunities — so you can feel confident about which supplier is right for you. Bankrate follows a rigorous editorial policy, so you can trust that we ’ ra putting your interests foremost. All of our content is authored by highly qualified professionals and reviewed by subject matter experts, who ensure everything we publish is aim, accurate and worthy of your faith. Founded in 1976, Bankrate has a hanker track record of helping people make smart fiscal choices. We ’ ve maintained this reputation for over four decades by demystifying the fiscal decision-making serve and giving people confidence in which actions to take next. While we adhere to strict editorial integrity, this post may contain references to products from our partners. here ‘s an explanation for how we make money. This contentedness is powered by HomeInsurance.com ( NPN : 8781838 ). For more information, please see our Insurance disclosure. Finding the cheapest car policy in Louisiana can help you stay within your budget, but it doesn ’ t have to mean compromising on coverage. The average cost of full coverage car indemnity in Louisiana may be $ 2,724 per year — significantly higher than the national modal of $ 1,674 and most expensive in the U.S. — but Bankrate found a number of companies that come in below this average. southerly Farm Bureau was the cheapest on our number for full coverage car policy, with an average annual premium of $ 1,871, while Geico was the cheapest for minimum car policy, with an median annual premium of $ 575 per year. Minimum coverage car insurance is cheaper than full moon coverage because it offers less fiscal protection. As a result, minimum coverage cable car insurance may leave you and your class financially vulnerable in the consequence of an accident. For this reason, most indemnity experts recommend purchasing broad coverage indemnity, which includes comprehensive and collision coverage, and can besides be low-cost when you choose the correct carrier and brassy car policy company for your needs.
The cheapest car insurance companies in Louisiana
To determine the cheapest cable car policy companies in Louisiana, Bankrate analyzed the latest bounty data from Quadrant Information Services. From there, we assessed third-party fiscal persuasiveness and customer satisfaction data from AM Best and J.D. Power, respectively, to find the best car policy companies in Louisiana .
The cheapest companies for minimum coverage in Louisiana
If you ’ ra looking for brassy car indemnity in Louisiana, you may be considering minimum coverage indemnity. While minimal coverage may normally come with the cheapest rates, you ’ ll have to pay out of pocket if you ’ re involved in an accident that costs more than your policy covers, which could run thousands of dollars or more. If you do decide to purchase minimum coverage indemnity, Geico, Southern Farm Bureau, USAA, State Farm and Louisiana Farm Bureau are some of the cheapest car policy companies for minimum coverage in Louisiana .
|Car insurance company||Average annual minimum coverage premium||Average monthly minimum coverage premium|
|Southern Farm Bureau||$607||$51|
|Louisiana Farm Bureau||$1,009||$84|
The cheapest companies for full coverage in Louisiana
Most cable car indemnity experts recommend purchasing entire coverage car indemnity. Luckily for Louisiana drivers, it ’ s possible to find brassy car indemnity companies for full coverage in the Pelican State. Southern Farm Bureau, USAA, Geico, Louisiana Farm Bureau and Safeway offer the cheapest rates for full coverage car policy in Louisiana, on average .
|Car insurance company||Average annual full coverage premium||Average monthly full coverage premium|
|Southern Farm Bureau||$1,871||$156|
|Louisiana Farm Bureau||$2,651||$221|
Events that can impact your cheap rates in Louisiana
car policy rates aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate static. Below are some factors that could affect your rates in Louisiana :
- Adding a teen driver: If you add a young driver to your policy, your premium will likely increase. However, several car insurance providers offer competitive good student and distance student discounts that could save you money.
- Received a speeding ticket: In Louisiana, getting a speeding ticket increases your full coverage car insurance premium by an average of $793 per year and will typically result in a surcharge on your policy for three years. If you do have a speeding ticket on your mother vehicle record, you may want to look into usage-based telematics programs or safe driving courses. Some insurers will decrease your premium if you enroll and allow them to track your driving habits.
- Involved in an at-fault accident: If you cause an accident in Louisiana, your car insurance rates will generally be affected for five years with a surcharge added to your policy premium. To lower your rates during this time, you may want to look into relevant discounts.
- Deemed a high-risk driver: You may not be immediately deemed a high-risk driver after an incident. However, if you are deemed a high-risk driver after a DUI or another high-risk scenario like excessive speeding, keep in mind that not all standard providers offer high-risk car insurance. As a result, you may have to switch to a high-risk auto insurer due to eligibility restrictions, which could result in rates well above state averages.
Cheapest cities in Louisiana for minimum coverage
In most states, your ZIP code can have a significant effect on your insurance rates, since different ZIP codes may have a different cost of be, different hazard profiles — such as larceny, vandalism and accident frequency and severity — and different weather conditions. For this reason, if you move from one area of Louisiana to another, you may want to shop for indemnity again to make surely you ’ re getting the best policy rates at your new location. Following is a sampling of cheap car policy rates in some of Louisiana ’ second less populous communities :
|City||Average annual minimum coverage premium||Average monthly minimum coverage premium|
Cheapest cities in Louisiana for full coverage
average full coverage premiums vary from city to city due to differing costs of live, car compensate expenses, accident data and weather conditions. Below are the modal full moon coverage premiums for respective Louisiana cities .
|City||Average annual full coverage premium||Average monthly full coverage premium|
Minimum coverage requirements for Louisiana drivers
Driving without cable car indemnity in Louisiana is illegal. If you are interested in insuring your vehicle with lone the coverage required in Louisiana, here are the state minimum requirements :
- $15,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
Minimum coverage car indemnity by and large has lower premiums, but you may spend more out of pocket in the retentive tend. Drivers who lease or finance their vehicle will likely be required to have full coverage insurance, including comprehensive and collision coverage, so that the lienholder can ensure enough coverage is available to repair or replace the vehicle in the event of an accident. Louisiana besides has a fairly high uninsured motorist rate ( 11.7 % ), according to the Insurance Information Institute ( Triple-I ), so you may want to consider adding uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to your policy. regardless of the coverages you select, you can shop around to find bum full coverage insurance .
Here is how to find (and keep) cheap car insurance in Louisiana
If you ’ ra attempting to find and keep the cheapest car insurance in Louisiana, the follow tips may help :
- Shop around: You may find it helpful to compare rates from multiple companies to determine which has the best rates for you. Reviewing the discounts available to you ahead of time can help you make sure that you’re taking advantage of the lowest rates available. Also consider the more than a dozen individual rating factors used to calculate your car insurance rates, such as your age, gender, credit-based insurance score, vehicle type, motor vehicle record (MVR), auto claims history, make and model of vehicle and ZIP code.
- Maintain clean driving records: Car insurance providers look for clean driving records as an indicator that you aren’t too risky to insure. This can also qualify you for discounts off your premium, such as a good driver discount. If you have some negative information on your MVR, you may be able to enroll in a usage-based telematics program or defensive driving course, which could help you get affordable rates on your policy by proving to your insurance provider that you have safe driving habits.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best car insurance company in Louisiana?
The best cable car policy company in Louisiana varies for everyone based on their individual characteristics and preferences. If you ’ re looking for the lowest agio, you may want to get quotes from multiple car insurance companies, factor in relevant discounts and compare them. If you ’ rhenium looking for the best customer gratification scores, you may want to spend extra time researching J.D. Power customer gratification scores and customer reviews. An independent or exclusive indemnity agent may be able to help you find the best supplier for you and your class .
How can I lower my car insurance rates in Louisiana?
If you ’ re looking to lower your cable car indemnity rates in Louisiana, you may want to look into the discounts that apply to you. For exemplify, several cable car policy carriers in Louisiana offer usage-based telematics programs that track your drive in substantial time and offer discounts for safe drive practices. Your cable car policy company may besides lower your cable car indemnity bounty if you complete a safe drive run. The best way to find out how to lower your agio is to talk with your policy agent and shop about for multiple quotes to get the best possible rate in the most costly state of matter for car policy in the U.S .
Does car insurance get cheaper as I get older?
On average, your car indemnity premiums are highest when you ’ rhenium new. This is because young drivers have less have on the road compared to older drivers and could potentially make riskier decisions, leading to more frequent and hard accidents. As you age and gain more experience behind the roulette wheel, your cable car policy premiums will generally sporadically decrease until around the age of 70, when your premiums will gradually increase again because of risk factors for senior drivers. Keep in mind that other factors, such as a accelerate tag or at-fault accident, could drive your premiums up no matter how erstwhile you are.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean drive record, effective credit and the play along full moon coverage limits :
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimal coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each state ’ sulfur requirements. Our basis profile drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, change five days a week and drive 12,000 miles per annum. These are sample distribution rates and should only be used for relative purposes .