Types of Coverage Offered
- Accident forgiveness
- Collision coverage
- comprehensive examination coverage
- Custom equipment coverage
- Liability coverage
- checkup payments coverage
- New car replacement
- personal injury protection
- personal umbrella policy
- rental reimbursement coverage
- Roadside coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Anti-lock brake
- Anti-theft device
- Automatic withdrawal
- Drivewise program
- early sign
- Milewise program
- New car
- responsible payer
- safe driver
- Smart student
More Allstate Insurance Reviews
- Allstate auto insurance review
- Allstate homeowners insurance review
- Allstate motorcycle insurance review
*Data provided by Bankrate.com ** J.D. Power ’ south 2021 Auto Insurance Satisfaction Study evaluation for the New England region. Based on a 1,000-point scale.
Read more: Best car insurance companies for 2022
The Average Cost of Car Insurance in Massachusetts
The price of Massachusetts car policy is less expensive on modal compared to the national average. According to 2021 data from Bankrate.com, a wax coverage car indemnity premium in this department of state is $ 1,223 per year. For merely the minimum coverage required by the country, the modal is $ 510 per class. nationally, car policy costs $ 1,674 per class for wide coverage and $ 565 per year for minimum coverage. Factors that can affect your insurance bounty include, but aren ’ thyroxine limited to, weather conditions in the sphere, brand and model of your car, coverage add-ons, claims history, amount of drivers for each vehicle, years spent drive and evening senesce. Massachusetts is share of the group of states that don ’ thymine allow insurers to consider your credit score or gender to set your cable car indemnity rates .
Top 3 Cheapest Car Insurance Companies in Massachusetts
|Company||Average Annual Minimum Coverage Premium*|
* Data provided by Bankrate.com, price based on the state minimum needed policy .
Top 3 Most Expensive Car Insurance Companies in Massachusetts
|Company||Average Annual Minimum Coverage Premium*|
|Main Street America||$576|
* Data provided by Bankrate.com, price based on the express minimum necessitate policy.
Guide to Massachusetts Car Insurance
cable car owners looking for the best car insurance in Massachusetts who practice safe driving habits may see more competitive rates, on average. And while most drivers in this state are creditworthy, with 93 % of them being insured ( according to a report made by SmartAsset ) uninsured drivers are one of the many reasons indemnity may be a judicious consideration, in addition to being required by the state. Massachusetts ranked within the best ten-spot states for drivers in the United States and it has the fewest fatalities per 100 million fomite miles drive. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts created a comprehensive list of driving resources to support older adults, people with disabilities and low-income commuters. To learn more about safe drive, pedestrian and bicycling safety, you can check their page on exile condom and injury prevention. The variety of greater or lesser risks is ultimately what determines the cost of car policy in Massachusetts, and which party will be the best fit .
Car Insurance Add-Ons That May Further Protect You
Based on common risks and the local anesthetic driver ’ south profile, we recommend the following add-ons :
- Optional Bodily Injury to Others: An add-on that most providers offer and covers accidents anywhere in the United States. In case of an accident, this coverage pays for damages to the driver and any vehicle passengers.
- Medical Payments: Pays for medical expenses for you and the passengers when you exceed what’s covered by your Personal Injury Protection (PIP).
- Collision coverage: In the event of a crash, this coverage will cover damages to your vehicle. Your lender may require you to have this coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage: This add-on will cover almost anything that is not crash-related. For example, damages caused by a storm, a falling object, hitting an animal or even if someone steals your car.
Massachusetts Minimum Insurance Requirements
policy requirements vary per state. In the country of Massachusetts, you are required to have indebtedness coverage as the minimal, ampere well as personal injury protective covering, to satisfy the state of matter ’ s no-fault law. That includes coverage for bodily injuries to others, another one for personal injuries and property damages. last, this submit requires you to have coverage for physical injuries caused by uninsured autos. Minimum liability required in the state of Massachusetts is divided as follows :
- $20,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $40,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $5,000 property damage liability per accident
- $20,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury liability per person
- $40,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury liability per accident
- $8,000 personal injury protection (PIP)
Massachusetts Car Insurance FAQ
What is the average auto insurance cost in Massachusetts?
According to 2021 data from Bankrate.com, Massachusetts ’ average cable car policy rates are $ 1,223 for a wax coverage policy and $ 510 for the state minimal indebtedness. however, factors like coverage limits, add-ons, cable car models, years spent drive, age, and claims history could affect your indemnity premium. Massachusetts does not allow credit history or gender to affect your premiums. If you shop about and compare quotes, you can find the best coverage for the best price .
What is the minimum car insurance required in Massachusetts?
The minimal liability refers to the minimum amount of indemnity required by the state of Massachusetts. The minimum coverage includes :
- $ 20,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $ 40,000 bodily injury indebtedness per accident
- $ 5,000 place damage indebtedness per accident
- $ 20,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $ 40,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $ 8,000 personal injury protection ( PIP )
What is the cheapest car insurance company in Massachusetts?
Based on our research, the cheapest minimal coverage cable car policy in Massachusetts is offered by State Farm, at an average of $ 306 per year. If you ’ ra looking for full coverage, the cheapest carrier in our analysis was besides State Farm, with an average premium of $ 736 per class. however, your rates will vary based on your rate factors ; State Farm might not be the cheapest for you .
Reviews.com reviews products, services and companies based on five criteria to help readers understand how companies compare based on similar metrics. For the best cable car policy companies, our editorial team compared affordability, customer support, coverage options, customer satisfaction scores and on-line resources from each company to determine top providers. As for average pricing, we used Bankrate.com ’ s data of car policy in Massachusetts, based on the profiles of a 40-year male and female. For full coverage, the details used were the following :
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each country ’ sulfur requirements. Our base profile drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually. These are sample rates and should only be used for comparative purposes.
About the Authors
Elizabeth Rivelli Contributing Writer Elizabeth Rivelli is an indemnity writer for Reviews.com. Over the stopping point year, she has covered indemnity providers, best policies, industry trends and more. Elizabeth has been featured in The bare Dollar, Bankrate and Coverage.com, among others. She holds a bachelor ‘s degree in Communication Studies from Northeastern University in Boston, MA. The Best term Life Insurance Companies is Elizabeth ’ s darling follow-up on Reviews.com .